Thursday 28 September 2017

Week 2 - Carousel - Graphics

As a basis, we learnt about 3 different programs that allow us to create graphical images. Through doing this I was able to expand my knowledge of different software in order to use them in my own projects and production work. The programs used were; Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Maya, another animation program. In general, these various programs allowed me to understand how to blend images in order to use graphics in my own production.
Using Adobe Illustrator, I chose a celebrity, Kanye West, and had to edit the eye in order to make it look more animated. When using this in my own work, I will be able to create my own unique look, style and feel, allowing me to express and present my own creativity.
When exploring Maya, I learnt how to create, manipulate and loop an animated ball. Some animated movements I learnt were how to make the ball bounce, squash and expand. This allowed me to gain a greater understanding and more experience of new software, meaning I can transfer these when creating special effects to my own media production, giving objects a realistic feel.

Overall, the first week of rotation, focusing on graphics, helped me to gain better experience and understanding of different softwares and programs. This will help with my own post production work and will make it look a lot more professional and better value. It also encourages my own personal touch on products as I can manipulate images and videos to my own preference.
Adobe Photoshop is the software that we used to edit between downloaded images, in order to create final integrated graphical image, made from other material. This process was fairly straightforward, and I believe would be easy to replicate within a full media production. This software allows the user to be creative with the various options and settings throughout the program. The method of creating a graphical image can be complex, but that depends on the specific details that the user would like to include.

USING PHOTOSHOP - SHORTCUTS

1. Evidence of me taking part: (Pictures, Diary entries, Printouts ETC)
U1.1.1

F = FULLSCREEN
TAB = NO TOOLBARS
CMD - OR + = ZOOM
CMD SPACE = INTERACTIVE ZOOM
SPACE DRAG = MOVE IMAGE AROUND
CMD 0 = FIT TO SCREEN
NON-DESCTRUCTIVE EDITING = CREATE LAYER MASKS/DON'T DELETE
CMD A = SELECT ALL

PHOTOSHOP IS RESOLUTION DEPENDENT WHEREAS ILLUSTRATOR IS RESOLUTION INDEPENDENT
ANTI ALISING


USING MAYA

3D MODELLING & ANIMATION APPLICATION
















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Cast & Crew

When taking the Cast and Crew photos, we used 3-point lighting. This meant that a key light was facing the subject, a fill light was ...